Friday, November 17, 2006

When Error Messages Ring True...

At work we use a program from BusinessObjects for designing how users can access the data in our data warehouse. This design is something called a BusinessObjects "universe". While trying to deploy my design this morning, I received this error message:








I knew it! (Images of Atlas with the world on his shoulders came to mind.) Not only can you not "save the universe", but in order to troubleshoot this problem you have to "destroy the universe"! Little did I know that work with these tools would be an exercise in eschatology! Heavy stuff.

1 comment:

Austin Bob said...

This is great! Reminds me of a situation with a transportation application I was working on. One of the users had scheduled too much product for a simgle truck load, at which time she received an error message to the effect of:

"ERROR: Please adjust your weight"

She was not amused when I suggested that we had installed weight sensors in the seat cushions of all the workstations.

http://hither-and-yon.blogspot.com/